Updated January 04 2022
Government of Canada
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) Guide on indoor ventilation during the Pandemic.
Community-based measures to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Canada
This document includes a good section on Environmental cleaning and ventilation
Province of BC Ministry of Health COVID-19 Guidance for the Hotel Sector
From the City of Vancouver for information :
Vancouver Coastal Health has posted their advisory about stagnant water in under- and unoccupied facilities: http://www.vch.ca/public-health/environmental-health-inspections (see “Building water systems and COVID-19”).
This information will also be sent directly to holders of operating permits for cooling towers and decorative water features in the City of Vancouver.
- Plumbing systems (IAPMO): https://www.iapmo.org/media/23575/flushing-stagnant-plumbing-systems.pdf
- Pools (UK Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group): https://www.pwtag.org/guidance-on-temporary-pool-closure/
- Diagrammatic summary (CDC; second page): https://www.cdc.gov/legionella/downloads/hotel-owners-managers.pdf
- Worker safety (United Association): http://www.ua.org/media/183743/GuidelinesWorkerHealthPlumbingHVACSystemsCOVID-19_1.pdf
- Mitigating COVID-19 transmission through wastewater plumbing (Lancet): https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langlo/article/PIIS2214-109X(20)30112-1/fulltext
Academic paper in Environment International Volume 142, September 2020, 105832 “How can airborne transmission of COVID-19 indoors be minimised? “
RHEVA Federation of European Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Associations
COVID-19 Guidance document (updated as of 3 April) on how to operate and use building services in areas with a coronavirus outbreak to prevent the spread of COVID-19 depending on HVAC or plumbing systems related factors. https://www.rehva.eu/activities/covid-19-guidance
RHEVA/AiCARR Protocol for risk reduction of SARS-CoV2-19 diffusion with the aid of existing air conditioning and ventillation sytems. https://www.rehva.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/HVAC_COVID19_PROCEDURE.pdf
World Health Organization (WHO)
For Facilities: WHO Technical Brief: Water, sanitation, hygiene and waste management for the COVID-19 virus
WHO Guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19
WHO EPI-WIN Site (Combatting mis-information regarding COVID-19)
EPI-WIN seeks to give people access to timely accurate information from trusted sources. This information will be tailored to different audiences and will answer pertinent questions as the event unfolds. Managing infodemics Infodemics are an excessive amount of information about a problem that makes it difficult to identify a solution.
WHO Daily COVID-19 Situation Reports
Daily COVID-19 updates from Destination Vancouver: